I had the honour of being invited to participate in an event aimed at increasing understanding of and engagement with politics among young people in the run up to the elections this week. The event was hosted by Youth Employment UK who I work closely alongside as the Chair of the APPG for Youth Employment.
Youth Employment UK do some absolutely amazing work in the field which is incredibly beneficial to so many young people.
They are actively tackling youth unemployment by:
- Giving young people a voice on the youth employment issues that affect them
- Supporting young people with the skills and careers support they need to progress
- Supporting employers to develop and be recognised for their youth friendly employment practice
- Connecting young people to Youth Friendly Employers
- Providing expert insight across all youth employment policy areas
I would urge any young people who are looking to support their careers to have a look at their website at Home - Youth Employment UK.
This event was a great opportunity to discuss with young people how important elections are in the democratic process. I would like to thank Cat Smith MP for joining us to in the discussion and to Josh Adcock for organising the event.